Cyberbully: Understanding the Victims
If your love one or someone you know is a victim of cyberbully, help him out and hear his problems. Do not leave the victim alone. Stop cyberbully from spreading.
- What is Cyberbully
- What are the technology devices used?
- Example of cyberbully acts
- Who are the victims
- So, where can the victims hide?
- You can escape physically but not virtually.
- Bad effects of cyber bully
- What is the victims fear of?
- How to help the victims of cyber
- Do share with me your opinion.
- More articles written by peachpurple
- Words from the author, peachpurple
What is Cyberbully
A bully and a cyberbully are alike, a person who likes to pick on someone else physically, verbally and technically.
Nowadays, cyberbully is an unhealthy trend that young teens and adults had misused technology devices to hurt the victims intentionally.
We need to identify who are the victims and understand why they are being bullied by the cyberbullies.
What are the technology devices used?
- Cell phones/ smartphones
- SMS -through cellphones,
- chat sites (wechat,Viber, Kakao Talk, Line),
- Social media sites such websites ( Facebook, , Twitter, etc )
Example of cyberbully acts
- Simply by writing or text rude, sarcastic messages or emails to spread malicious rumors about the victim.
- Uploading unseen videos of the victims to the world to watch online.
- Uploading embarrassing photos of the victim.
- Editing or creating fake profiles to damage his reputation and name
Who are the victims
- Young adults
- The weak students who do not know how to defend himself
So, where can the victims hide?
They have nowhere to hide.
School age kids and teens who are usually the common easily targeted victims of Cyberbully.
They can’t dig a hole and bury their heads like the ostrich.
In the end, these victims are being bullied by their tormentors for months or years without any resistance.
Cyberbully happens anytime, anywhere where the victims did not realized they had been targeted by the bullies.
In the last few years, Cyberbully cases had been on the rise where people are increasing using Social Media apps such as Tumblr, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter to get connected with the whole world.
Majority of the victims tried to hide themselves at home, from meeting the people they know and even keeping mum the truth from their family members.
Students often skip classes to avoid meeting their classmates, teachers, friends from asking questions, spat by them, being insulted without mercy and being laughed at behind their backs.
Some even became paranoid when meeting strangers. Hence, the victims locked themselves at home.
Young adults idle at home, quit their full-time job, avoid from meeting clients and colleagues.
Nevertheless, they could not hide themselves from the Internet world.
You can escape physically but not virtually.
For the helpless victims, there is nowhere for them to hide.
The cyberbully continues his random cyber bullying tasks over chat sites, SMS, Facebook or Instagram like a wild bush fire.
The more the victim hides, the more the bully guy enjoyed himself as nobody is able to stop him from doing so.
The worst scenario is when the victim had to face with strangers and people whom he/she knows with insulting words and humiliation without straightening out what is the actual story behind the cyber bully.
Bad effects of cyber bully
- Sometimes, the students form up a group to bully the victim which leaves him into desperate measure to suicide in order to stop all the nonsense or maybe he can’t stand the physical bully.
- Long term cyber bully will lead negative thoughts for the victims, such as depression, severe anxiety, stress and insomnia.
- Thereto, suicidal thoughts, anxiety, aggressive mood and low self esteem started to develop at a fast pace.
What is the victims fear of?
Victims of cyber bully are often afraid to reveal the truth to parents, close friends or teachers because they fear that :
- would be laughed at
- scolded or reprimanded
- cellphone and laptop taken away
- Internet disconnected
- to speak out with the “possible” cyber bully person involved
How to help the victims of cyber
Hence, if your kids or friends are being cyber bullied online, help them to come out from the shell.
Do not leave them alone to face the shame because “It is no point to cry over split milk”.
Now, it is the time to solve the problem , not hide away from the truth.
Parents should open up their mind and help the child. Do not leave him alone for he is lost.
Do share with me your opinion.
Do you have similar cyber bully problem ?
Besides banning the cyber bully person, what else can you do?
I would love to hear from you.
More articles written by peachpurple
Words from the author, peachpurple
Share - Don't Copy. No part of this article may be reproduced, distributed, performed, publicly displayed, or made into a derivative work without permission of peachpurple . Copyright 2014 peachpurple . All Rights Reserved.
Do you like to write your own stories, recipes or ideas?
Come and join in Wikinut and start sharing your articles with us.
Earn fast money with guarantee payment.
photo credits: Photos taken by peachpurple with my Nokia N79 handset .
Please do not copy and paste these photos in this article elsewhere without written permission from me. Thank you. )