America’s Overly Tolerant Nature when it comes to abortion
Why do we separate the killing of the unborn from any other killing of the innocent? What about a Women's Rights! This article will explore those issues!
- Is there such a thing as being too tolerant?
- Do I believe this way because I am a Christian?
- What about arranged marriages, rape or incest?
- Japan's two children per family policy
- My own experiences with abuse and date rape
- What about over population
- Physician Ron Paul- Quote from his Web Site
- Are we Using Abortion as another method of Birth Control?
- The lazy American
Is there such a thing as being too tolerant?
It has always amazed me that our society uses the argument of women’s’ rights when it comes to the issue of abortion. To me that is like saying that because we as Americans are so afraid that women will be offended that we must allow the Women’s Rights Movement to twist our arms and promote the killing of the unborn. Another thing that truly bothers me is the Women’s Rights Movement uses the killing of the unborn to defend their idea that they have a right to do what they want with their own bodies. Hay ladies! We are not talking about changing your hair color or walking around nude here! We are talking about the killing of a human life!! News flash! That fetus growing inside of the pregnant woman is a separate and very unique human being! It may have gotten its DNA from the mother and the father but it is still is a totally separate human being!
Not only that, but, even during supervised abortions in state of the ark clinics in this day and age there is still much risk for a woman having an abortion! What about the rights of a woman to be informed as to what those risks are? Those rights are missing in most clinics today! Doctors simply want to make money and really do not care about the pregnant woman seeking an abortion and these woman many times are treated with disrespect! You can't have it both ways!!
Do I believe this way because I am a Christian?
Since I cannot remember a time that I was not a Christian I guess this is hard to answer precisely. I do not wish to preach to you this time because I don’t need to, due to the fact that evidence in support of pro life is abundantly profound. With all the research and scientific evidence that human life begins the moment the fetus attaches itself to the uterus it is implausible to believe otherwise. In fact, there are many very educated Atheists who also very firmly believe in pro-life.
Yes!! Pro-life is not just for Christian's anymore!!
What about arranged marriages, rape or incest?
Adoption is still the most humane and practical option!! Many of our grandparents were brought into this world as a result of what would be called rape or even incest in this day and age! So in essence if abortion were allowed way back then many of us would not be here! Only 100 years ago women had no say as to who they were given to in marriage, and, they were told that it was their duty to tolerate sex from a man they very well may despise. Many talked themselves into loving their husbands resulting from the arranged marriage, and, I am sure that many did end up falling in love. I too had an arranged marriage in which I tolerated much abuse.
That being said; still and all there are many couples who cannot have children but due to abortion being so prevalent they must wait years before a newborn is available.
Japan's two children per family policy
Japan’s two child philosophy strictly imposed by their government has come back to haunt them! A toy company in Japan is offering its employees $10,000 for every baby born after their second child.
My own experiences with abuse and date rape
I have experienced physical abuse from two of my former husbands. I also was taken advantage of by an older man when I was still a virgin and right out of high school. When I found out I was pregnant I could have gotten an abortion by using the excuse of date rape. However, that thought never crossed my mind. I felt so ashamed and alone that I wanted to die.
I ended up getting married to my high school sweet heart and moving away from my small town of Sandusky because I felt like I had disgraced my family. In today’s society having a child out of wedlock is not treated like it was in the 60’s when I was pregnant with my first son. He went on to be a very loving, intelligent, kind young man and today he is a nurse. I was thinking of giving him up for adoption but my family talked me out of it. I am glad I did not because he is a true blessing and a great deal of joy to the entire family! Not only that but he too suffered much abuse but found it in his heart to forgive his abuser! I believe that God has a real purpose for him in this life!!
Many actors, actresses and people from all walks of life have been born as the result of rape! They were obviously either adopted of kept by their mothers. Yet in doing so they were given an opportunity to contribute to society. Many after finding out that they were born as a result of rape have openly thanked their mothers for not aborting them.
What about over population
Our world has been so obsessed with over population that we have gone overboard. I know that the numbers seem like we are having too many babies but those numbers are largely due to the aging population and the immigrants. If it were not for immigrants we would be in trouble. I did some research and found out that there is a significant decline in the birthrate worldwide. When you add all the wars that are taking our young folk along with the new diseases that are expected to take their toll; we could be in serious trouble.
Even if we are overpopulated due to more babies being born in some under developed counties like Mexico that is still not an excuse for abortion. In fact, Scientist are exploring ways to inhabit space as well as making floating colonies over the ocean!
Abortion has allowed our young people to get the idea that human life is not to be valued. It makes them feel that even they are worthless. Especially in our Godless society where many believe they have no value whatsoever. This is one of the reasons why so many teenagers commit suicide.
Physician Ron Paul- Quote from his Web Site
“He has delivered more than 4,000 babies. He believes that human life starts at conception, and that casual elimination of the unborn leads to a careless attitude towards all life.”
Recalling his personal observation of a late-term abortion performed by one of his instructors during his medical residency, Ron Paul stated, “It was pretty dramatic for me to see a two-and-a-half-pound baby taken out crying and breathing and put in a bucket.”
Are we Using Abortion as another method of Birth Control?
With abortion at the rate of 4000 a day it does not take Rocket Science to realize that we as a society are being very irresponsible and in fact we are using abortion as a means of birth control. People do not like to use condoms because they subdue the pleasure so instead they figure if all other means of birth control fail they can always abort. What is wrong with our society? Have we become so spoiled and such pleasure seekers that we see the need to kill the innocent just so that we can a few seconds of pleasure!!
Well guess what Americans!! Your fun will soon come to a screeching halt when due to the fact that we are so preoccupied with fun and our addiction to material possessions that we are taken over taken by China!! I will leave that topic for another article.
The lazy American
We are so lazy that we don’t realize that there are so many other things besides sex (along with its many perversions) that can bring us unspeakable pleasure!
1. Giving to others (not sex) is the most rewarding and fulfilling experience a person can have.
2. Receiving love and appreciation for doing deeds of kindness is extremely rewarding. http://westsidetoastmasters.com/resources/laws_persuasion/chap12.html
3. Learning new things! There is nothing like learning something new to make a person feel more self confident and valued.
4. Abstaining from sex until marriage. This is an old fashioned value and one that will probably have you dismissing this article all together. However, there is so much joy and value in abstaining from sex until marriage that it will take another article to get to it all. Abstaining from sex until marriage will alleviate the jealousy that ends up breaking apart many marriages. It also makes sex much more rewarding and teaches us the joy of self respect.
5. Physical fitness and sports!! We as Americans spend too much time watching other people doing things on TV. We need to get more involved ourselves and not just be spectators all the time.
6. Finding a fulfilling hobby!! Camping, fishing, hunting, cooking, writing, reading, ping pong, playing pool in your own basement, painting a picture, music, learning a musical instrument, etc.!! The list of fulfilling hobbies goes on a on to infinity!
7. Enjoying your family!! To me nothing is more enjoyable then getting together with family and or your extended family of friends. When I get together with my children and grand children I feel higher than a kite! This is one of those natural and very rewarding types of highs!
We love to sit around the camp fire and talk about everything and anything! The one thing that gives me the most joy is the expertise with which my boys are able to do impressions of a certain celebratory or other characters. They are spot on and truly belong in the movies!!
8. Enjoying movies as a family with lots of pop corn hugs and kisses!
10. Last but so very not least everyone can have a very unique day to day relationship with our living and loving God! There is no greater joy than this! So why did I not put this first? Well, I promised that I would not preach this time!!
In conclusion! As human beings we have unlimited avenues of things that we can do to find fulfillment, pleasure and ecstasy other then the perverted pleasure of exploiting another human being by using them for sex. We as a society have strayed too far from basics and that is why we find it so hard to enjoy life.
Please read Happiness and Contentment a state of mind written by my friend and follower Sivaramakrishnan
All pictures are either public domain or pictures I took myself.